The SwiftTest Solution
No more bugs, sweat and tears
SwiftTest is the leading vendor of performance and functional testing solutions to the Storage Equipment Manufacturers, trusted by all major vendors as well as many storage start-ups. Ours is the only solution on the market designed to meet the exacting needs of storage equipment vendors. It combines the industry’s deepest and most accurate emulation of networked storage protocols and workloads, with the highest load performance available, capable of stressing today’s largest infrastructures.
“Aggregation of results is our enemy. With SwiftTest we can trace, track, and compare anything – all the protocol-level details we want.”
— Steve Downer, Director of Test Engineering, Pillar Data Systems
Benefits: Get your products to market faster and more efficiently
Better testing with realistic traffic
- Realistic storage traffic, with unmatched storage protocol detail and configurability and extensive support of parameterization
- Realistic application traffic, with SwiftTest’s high performance HTTP and TCP protocol stacks
- Realistic user authentication, with SwiftTest’s robust support of multiple authentication protocols to accurately stress user-aware infrastructure, validating access policies anywhere that user-context is critical
- Realistic content, with our unique content generation and verification capabilities
- Realistic load, with appliances that generate up to 34GB of traffic, load massive files and emulate millions of realistic clients
Efficient and expedient testing process
“Choosing the SwiftTest 3000 came down to depth and breadth of the tools—granular configurability and great protocol support. And I like that SwiftTest is very NAS focused. The box does just what I want, and does it well.”
— Nigel Stolting, US QA Manager, Hitachi (formerly Blue Arc)
- Consistent, repeatable, testing, with generation of precisely controlled identical traffic patterns every time
- Accelerated test creation, with prebuilt tests and intuitive set-up and use
- Accelerated test execution, with the ability to load massive files or client loads in a fraction of the time it takes with other tools
- Unified testing practices, with a single test platform for files, blocks, and the cloud
Reduced test infrastructure spend
- Reduced footprint, by replacing racks of servers with one efficient appliance
- Reduced spend on home grown tools, with a solution that is commercially maintained and continually enhanced to support new protocols and features
“With the SwiftTest 3000, I can quickly set up the tests I want, run them, find the problems, make changes, and run again. Really easy and automated — I don’t have to write and rewrite from scratch, I can use the CIFS and NFS toolbox to customize tests by clicking and dragging.”
— Whitney Kratsas, Member of technical staff, Avere
SwiftTest to the rescue
Our product solution consists of four core components:
- Storage protocol software suites: detailed emulation of storage protocols to provide rich, highly accurate emulations of your storage workloads across File, Block and Object/Cloud storage.
- Test platforms: load generation appliances capable of executing complex traffic emulation at extreme loads; currently available in three configurations (1GigE, 10GigE, and Fibre Channel).
- Test content: sets of pre-built, editable tests to facilitate test development; combines with other SwiftTest productivity tools to accelerate test development.
- User interfaces: an intuitive, graphical test development environment for easy and precise creation of tests; a fully featured set of APIs for scripting, automation and integration into a test harness.
In addition, SwiftTest professional services stand ready to assist you with your most challenging test creation or automation projects.
SwiftTest is now a core component of our customers’ testing strategy. While no single test solution can address all of a vendor’s use cases, our customers find they can meet a large and growing share of their testing needs with SwiftTest, while reserving more costly approaches such as custom, home-grown tools, for very specific use cases.