Different platforms for different needs
SwiftTest high-performance appliances help test teams get to the heart of performance problems faster, by showing how different storage and network product configurations and feature sets impact overall performance. The SwiftTest appliances are easy to deploy, and include pre-built tests and wizards within the Test Development Environment (TDE) user interface that improve testing productivity and efficiency right out-of-the-box. Multiple simultaneous testers can run independent tests on available test ports.
“We’re growing fast, and need test tools beyond what we can do in-house. We found SwiftTest to be better than any other solution we looked at and the SwiftTest platform is more than filling our needs. Particularly with the depth and maturity of their CIFS implementation, we can expand into new markets and support bigger customers.”
— Chris Siakos, CTO, Exinda
SwiftTest supports three platforms – the SwiftTest 3000, 5000 and 6000. These appliances have been architected for maximum performance by instrumenting directly to customized network interface drivers and bypassing operating system stacks. This offers performance, repeatability and precision not available through freeware running on top of common operating systems.
The SwiftTest 3000 and 5000 platforms have the following specifications:
- SMB (CIFS) 1.0, 2.X, 3.0 over TCP and NetBT Client, SMB 1.0, 2.x Server
- NFS: v2, v3, v4 and v4.1 Client, NFSv3 Server
- iSCSI Initiator
- HTTP Client and Server
- Authentication: NTLM, Kerberos, and CHAP
- 2U enclosure
- One 1GE management port
- IPv4/IPv6 support emulating millions of concurrent users
- Multiple MAC addresses
- VLANs supported
- Configurable TCP Parameters
- Load controlled by graphical layout of load over time
- Set independent, iterative load profile objectives for each parallel scenario to assess limits including: concurrent scenarios, new scenarios per second, concurrent actions, new actions per second, concurrent connections, new connections per second, and throughput.
The SwiftTest 6000 platform has the same load profile and hardware specifications as above with the following protocol and transport functionality:
- SCSI over Fibre Channel
Fibre Channel Transport
- FC switch connectivity support (FC-SW)
- FC direct and loop target connectivity support (FC-P2P and FC-AL)
- NPIV for up to 255 logins/port
- Packet capture and decode, reporting, graphing and statistics
The SwiftTest 3000 appliance and software solution can deliver 14 Gbps of full-duplex traffic over eight (8) Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Figure: The eight ports are RJ45 copper GbE interfaces.
The SwiftTest 5000 appliance is designed for high-volume 10 Gigabit Ethernet test environments, with two 10GE ports capable of supporting 34Gbps of full-duplex traffic.
Figure: SFP+ transceivers are provided for both 10GbE interfaces.
The SwiftTest 6000 appliance and software solution has the ability to drive Fibre Channel traffic at line rate on every port at 4/8 G speeds. Targets are automatically discovered and presented to the user.
Figure: Fibre Channel protocol support includes connectivity either directly to FC targets, as well as to FC SAN switches.
The platforms allow equipment manufacturers and enterprises to faithfully emulate complex, real-world traffic patterns to validate the capabilities of data storage systems, network devices and large file systems.